Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Out

The shower was beating down on my face.  I had slept until the last possible minute, forcing me to halfsies rush to get ready.  I felt awful.  I was emotionally hungover and dehydrated.  My head was pounding, and I was hungry.  I was in a conundrum because I couldn't eat much so I wouldn't bloat, but I knew I'd be drinking, so I needed to eat something.


I turned off the water, got out, and dried off.  I went out and checked the mini-fridge to remind myself of what food I'd bought and stuffed in there.  I grabbed some grapes and a clementine and decided that would have to do with how little time I had.


I pulled on some leggings and an oversized tshirt and tied it in a knot in the back.  I slipped on some hightops, grabbed my purse and left, popping grapes in my mouth as I walked to the club.  The club had lockers to keep our stuff in, so I'd already taken everything I'd need for the 2 weeks and left it there.  I didn't want to have to carry stuff with me back and forth.


I yawned as I pulled the club's door open. 


"You need to cut that shit out," I heard from behind me.  I turned and Megan was coming towards the door, too.


I half-laughed.  "I think it might be a long night."


She grinned at me.  "Not if I can help it."  Then her expression turned serious.  "So, last night..."


"I am so sorry," I began.  "If he comes in again I'll let the bouncer..."


Megan cut me off.  "Stop.  All I want to know is if you're okay.  That's all."


"I am," I said.  Mostly sincerely.  I gave my best attempt at a smile as a thank you. 


She nodded and slapped my butt.  "Now let's get you put together.  You look terrible."


I laughed, for real this time.  "That's the sweetest thing anyone has said to me all day!"


She studied my face, and gave me a weird look.  "Honestly, I believe that.  However, let me guess.  I'm the only person you've spoken to today?"


"Guilty!"  It wasn't often that anyone saw me without makeup on and with my hair still wet and hanging there.


Megan asked to do my makeup and hair, so I let her.  It gave me another moment to rest my eyes.  She was doing my hair first, and before she got started she frowned and dabbed some stuff under my eyes.  "This will help with the puffiness."  Then she got to work.


XXXXXXX


The night was usual.  Stage rotations, extra long dances for me since I was the headliner, and working the floor.  Private dances here and there, no one grabby or out of control.
It was about an hour and a half before close and Megan grabbed my elbow while I was chatting up a group of guys and whispered in my ear, "Let's get out of here."
I cocked an eyebrow at her, said adieu to the guys and followed her to the back.  "Where we going?"
"Out," she grinned.
I checked the clock on the wall.  "By the time we get ready, all the clubs are going to be closed."
She tsk'ed at me and walked to a back closet.  She pulled out a couple of tiny sparkly dresses and handed me one.  "Of course you'd keep a stash here."
She laughed and started changing.  I followed suit.
Shortly after we were walking out the door saying goodbyes.  Before we walked out, the group of guys I had been talking to came up behind us.  "Where you two going?" one of them asked.
I looked at Megan.  She gave me a look, silently asking how I felt about clients tagging along.  I shrugged.  She gave them a seductive look and just nodded for them to follow.
There were five of them.  I noticed a couple of them had wedding bands on, and they were mostly staying out of our conversations.  There was a guy, Toby, who was paying a lot of attention to me.  He had a surfer look going.  He appeared young with blonde hair that just curled on the ends and piercing blue eyes.  He was in a polo with dark jeans, and I could tell he had the body to match that surfer vibe.  Megan had a clean cut guy with black rimmed glasses and skinny jeans right beside her.  His name was Jeremiah.
We walked a few blocks and entered a club, going straight to the bar.  We all got drinks, the guys bought.  Drinks in tow, we made our way out to the dance floor.  Of course.
Between the drinks, the lack of sleep, the emotional hangover, and minimal food, I was soon buzzed and laughing a lot.  Toby's hands on my hips, our bodies felt like they belonged pressed up against each other.
Then the room was spinning.  And that was the last thing I remember.


XXXXXX


"Mmmm," I moaned.  I put my hands over my eyes, the light too bright through my eyelids.  That was already a bad sign. 


I reached for my pillow to bury my head and hit someone else's head instead.

8 comments:

  1. When is the next post I'm dying over here!! I absolutely love this story so far

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too its soo good im so excited for more of this story to unfold!
      -AJ

      Delete
  2. new post soon please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author posted an update on her other blog. Her computer is in the shop. It could take awhile, though hopefully not.

      Delete
    2. Thank you I was wondering!

      Delete